Paul Ekman, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Department of Psychiatry
University of California
- Emotion expression and physiological activity
- Interpersonal deception
Current or Recent Activities:
- Principal Investigator, NSF grant "Automated Facial Measurement"
- Invited keynote address, plenary session, Japanese Congress of Psychology, Kyoto, 1992
- Organizer, NSF Workshop "Understanding the Face", July, 1992, Arlington, VA
- 1991 Distintinguished Scientific Contribution Award of the American Psychological Association
- First Lyle H. Lanier Memorial Lecture, University of Illinois, May 3, 1989
Representative Publications or Documents:
- P. Ekman.
Telling Lies: Clues to Deceit in the Marketplace, Marriage, and Politics.
New York: WW Norton, 1992.
- P. Ekman & R. J. Davidson. Voluntary smiling changes regional brain activity.
- P. Ekman. Facial expression of emotion.
HIL Home Page
For further information contact: Joseph C. Hager
Last updated: Oct. 23, 1995